For using networking you must keep few rules.
- Computers must be reachable on each other. Tucnaks communicate between itself by UDP broadcasts which are sending to all net interfaces which are known at time of program start.
- Simple example is one ethernet segment.
- It is possible to use more Tucnaks on one computers (server). Server is remote available from other computers throw telnet/ssh. Communication between Tucnaks are through lo (Local Loopback) interface. You will not be able to use client's peripherals (soundcard, keying, rig...)
- Hint: if you use telnet/ssh to remote access try program screen.
- Master Tucnak is Tucnak which have lowest IP/port Address. Is recommended to have a master Tucnak on fastest part of network.
- List of connected Tucnaks is visible in File->Network info menu.
- Attention! Is really necessary to have set the same time (plus minus few second) on all computers. In a long contest is necessary to install ntp daemons because of differents between individual computers may be a few seconds during 24 hours. Ntp daemon is described in Using NTP.
- Open new contest on master. On slaves, run Contest->New from network
- For later synchronizing, same call, date of contest and name of contest must be same
- If more Tucnaks run under one user then second Tucnak creates contest directory <YYYYMMDD.1> This feature can't work under CygWin
- If there are accomplished all conditions, Tucnaks begins to replicate contacts, DX spots and other