Davac 4.1 OK1ZIA
Davac 4.1 is updated version of Davac 4.0 designed in 2008.
- IRLML2246 instead of IRF7220
- Silscreen cleanup
- Values on silkscreen
- Jack holes are 2 mm
- Guard ring connected to GND
- Manufacturing data for jlcpcb.com included
- Optocouplers are TLP627, not PC817 (error during convert Eagle -> KiCad)
- Headphones have GND connected to hot and vice versa. I recommend skip REL2 and connect radio to headphones directly
Gerber files to order PCB at jlcpcb.com.
If you have extra pcs and want to help other Tucnak users, let me know, I will announce here.
Program the FT232R
As default, the FT232R acts as serial port. But Tucnak uses Libftdi to access it in bitbang mode. Default VID:PID must be changed to distinguish Davac from other USB serial ports.
I'm pretty sure you can use ft232r_prog. But I have no experiences with it. If you try it, please let me (OK1ZIA) know, I will update this information.
Unplug all other FTDI devices and press the Program All Existing Devices button.
Install USB drivers
You have nothing to do, It will work automatically. Only on specific distributions you may have to set permissions to USB device, which is normally done by udev script.
Under Windows 7 or newer, use Zadig. On XP use 2.2.
Click Options, List All Devices.
Choose WinUSB and press Install Driver.