Since 3.16 there is also Android port of Tucnak available. Currently is in beta state, any feedback will be welcome. Focused on tablets but can be used also on cell phones. Due touch control, not all features must be accessible.
ARRL DX contest on Samsung galaxy IIs
- Minimal API version 4 (Android 1.6)
- Recommended screen resolution at least 640x480.
- Lower resolution use 640x480 internally and output is scaled to native resolution. Tested 480x320, is usable but not optimal.
- SD card with 'reasonable' capacity
- Recommended internet access for DXC/KST
Tucnak is not on Google Play. To install you must allow install of untrusted applications. Then download Tucnak APK package from http://tucnak.nagano.cz/download.php#android and install it manually.
Features not included
- SSB CQ and sound recording
- FFT spectrum display
- Parallel port keying
- Bluetooth devices because of no official support for BT from native code
- Serial ports - maybe with alternative kernel with proper drivers
- USB devices (Davac4, Rotar4) - It is compiled but it seems it works only on rooted devices. User must be member of 'usb' group.
- Hamlib - It is compiled but only usable rig type is 'NET rigctl'.
Start touch on-screen keyboard by click on input line. The behavior of Enter is context-depended. Sometimes send Enter to Tucnak. Sometimes closes keyboard. Comments are welcome.
To send F1 to F10, use FN key, numeric keys will switch to F's.
- Package is signed with debug key, it probably expires sometimes...
- Alt hardware key on devices like Asus TF-101 does not work
Bugreports are welcome by e-mail. In case of problems please install alogcat and send it to me with next informations.