Since 3.16 there is also Android port of Tucnak available. Focused on tablets but can be used also on cell phones. Due touch control, not all features must be accessible.
ARRL DX contest on Samsung galaxy IIs
- Android 2.3 (API level 9), version 3.16 requires 1.6 (API level 4).
- Recommended screen resolution at least 640x480.
- Lower resolution use 640x480 internally and output is scaled to native resolution. Tested 480x360, is usable but not optimal.
- SD card with 'reasonable' capacity
- Recommended internet access for DXC/KST
Tucnak is not on Google Play. To install you must allow install of untrusted applications. Then download Tucnak APK package from http://tucnak.nagano.cz/download.php#android and install it manually.
Features not included
- Sound recording
- FFT spectrum display
- Parallel port keying
- Bluetooth devices because of no official support for BT from native code
- Serial ports - maybe with alternative kernel with proper drivers
- USB devices (Davac4, Rotar4) - It is compiled but it seems it works only on rooted devices. User must be member of 'usb' group.
- Hamlib - It is compiled but only usable rig type is 'NET rigctl'.
Start touch on-screen keyboard by click on input line. The behavior of Enter is context-depended. Sometimes send Enter to Tucnak. Sometimes closes keyboard. Comments are welcome.
To send F1 to F10, use FN key, numeric keys will switch to F's.
- Alt hardware key on devices like Asus TF-101 does not work
Bugreports are welcome by e-mail. In case of problems please install alogcat and send it to me with next informations.
M5 ESP32 CW keyer
See this video:
Tucnak in Portrait mode with floating on-screen keyboard.
Tucnak in FullHD on Rikomagic MK802. TNX to OK1CDJ.
- Pepa OK2WO recommends capacitive stylus CELLY (about 10€) for accurate control also for other applications