Main window contains windows with various information. Switch between windows is doing by <F4> key or directly by <ALT + number>. In a bottom side of main Tucnak's window is on input line. Above the input line is temporary displayed actual QSO. Main window from the input line is activated by up arrow key. Press <ESC> key to be return in input line.
Callsigns, callsign's suffix, operator's callsign and suffix are highlighted in most of windows. Callsigns between <* and *> the whole line is highlighted (private message from WW convers).
Types of windows:
- QSOs There are a few last QSOs displayed in this window. Letters on right side of report indicate new square, country, optexc. Occurrence of remark and QSL request are displayed in next column. If input line contains minimally two letters then stations or WWLs which contains this string are displayed. Is possible to use a dot character as wild a character. Tucnak is looking for station in actual band's contacts, other band's contacts and in C_W database. If you are in QSO window (enter by Up Arrow) you can edit selected QSO by pressing <ENTER> key.
- Hint: Quick search is suitable for find:
- If you have QSO with station on this band (typing suffix or last two letters of locator).
- If you has QSO with station in other bands is showed actual known locator.
- If the station is in C_W database then Tucnak gives locator in which the station was last contest.
- Sked window displays all skeds sent in contest between bands. Sked is sendt by <Alt+S>.
- Talk window allow talking between operators on network.
- Unfinished window shows all NC QSO on actually band.
- Statistics window shows basic statistics about the actual band. That's: an average of points per QSOs, worked locators and DXCC.
- Log window displays other information. Last two line from log are displayed in last bottom line of the main window.
- Shell window is a simple terminal with executed shell. You can execute external programs as call or telnet to connect to packet.
- DXC - spots comming through all shell windows are parsed. If a DX spot is recognised is added into this window ordered by QRG. You can press Enter to add callsign in temporary QSO without typing it.